Wednesday, December 31, 2008

OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW

What can I say about 2008? It will certainly not go down as a stellar year for anyone that I know. The economy tanked, financial institutions were given billions of dollars but won't tell what they did with all of that cash.

As always, I look to the new year with hope. Hope that my family and friends will stay healthy and employed. Hope that either myself or someone close to me will win the lottery. Well, a person can dream, can't they?


I am not going to make any predictions myself so if anyone wants to make a few predictions about New Albany or the country, or the world for that matter please do so.




HAPPY NEW YEAR, NEW ALBANY!!

7 comments:

Iamhoosier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Iamhoosier said...

Shirley,
I wish you the best for 2009.

Mark

shirley baird said...

Thank you Mark. I wish the same for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Yes Shirley, I too hope all my friends and family will stay healthy and employed in this New Year. May we help each other through the hard times (and may there be few). May we all step forward to Protect our Many Freedoms, do the Right Thing (even if we think no one is watching), and Stand Up to Protect Our Rights and those of Others, even when it is so hard we think we can't possibly do it.
Thank God we live in the United States of America!!!

Shirley, I was wondering. Has that Floyd County Democrat Platform Committee had a meeting yet? Wouldn't anything the Committee comes up with, have to be voted on by all Precinct Committee Members? Do any other Indiana Counties have their own platforms or is this Marcey's idea?
Susan

Anonymous said...

Almost forgot, "A Fiscally Conservative Floyd County Democrat" has an important new posting.
http://www.just2beheard.blogspot.com/

shirley baird said...

Hi Susan,

No we have not held our first meeting so I don't know about the rules yet. I don't know if Clark or other counties have their own agenda either.

I will let you know as soon as I do.

Shirley

Anonymous said...

Shirley,

We don't need hope, we need a miracle.